[Xastir] vplay - win32

Kirk Mefford kc2elo at softhome.net
Thu Sep 25 08:34:54 EDT 2003

The "start xwin -multiwindow" stuff is documented in the startxwin.bat file
itself.  Here is my startup batch file:
@echo off
SET DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
SET MAGICK_HOME=/usr
SET CYGWIN_ROOT=\cygwin
SET PATH=.;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\bin;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\usr\X11R6\bin;%PATH%
REM Cleanup after last run.
if not exist %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0 goto CLEANUP-FINISH
attrib -s %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
del %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix\X0
:CLEANUP-FINISH
if exist %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix rmdir %CYGWIN_ROOT%\tmp\.X11-unix
REM Startup the X Server with the integrated Windows-based window manager.
start XWin -multiwindow
run /usr/local/bin/xastir

The cleanup part line wrapped but you should get the idea.
I have "nasd" loaded as a service so it isn't in my batch file but could
easily be added before loading xastir.

I have the bat file in the default /usr/x11r6/bin directory.  I have a
shortcut on my desktop pointing to that bat file.