[Xastir] vplay - win32

Curt Mills, WE7U hacker at tc.fluke.com
Thu Sep 25 12:25:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Orrin Winton wrote:

> Where is this 'start xwin -multiwindow' thing
> documented?  I went thru README.win32 and didn't find
> that.  Perhaps i should look again?
>
> (I just tried to implement what I DID just read in
> README.win32:  create a shortcut on the Windows XP
> Desktop, a shortcut to c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\
> startxwin.bat, and that gave strange results, and
> when i made the shortcut to ...\startxwin.fvwm2.bat
> and ran xastir, it failed to load tigermaps with that
> "delegate"-something error.  Xastir also failed to
> find the nasd server.  So i'm back to the old ./go
> from a Cygwin bash prompt, it works for me.  But tell
> me more.)

If people would like to feed me the latest-greatest startup stuff
for Cygwin, I'll get it into the docs so that the next Cygwin users
will have an easier time of it.

The multiwindow thing is relatively new, but it takes the later
versions of Cygwin to make it work.  It allows you to have both X11
apps and Windows apps showing on the same Windows desktop, without
the root X11 window showing at all.

Curt Mills, WE7U                    hacker_NO_SPAM_ at tc.fluke.com
Senior Methods Engineer/SysAdmin