[Xastir] Suggestions ?: Linux Laptop

Richard Garcia k4gps at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 27 20:53:26 EDT 2003

I think I am ready to take Xastir on the road and am thinking of a new
Laptop for it. Anyone have suggestions as to what laptops are the most
Linux friendly. I am afraid if I wait any longer none of the
possibilities will have a Serial port. As is I believe most of the new
units have already droped them and I want to try to avoid USB dongles if
at all possible.

I tried to load RH9 on some of my older Toshiba Satelite Pro's and heck
the 1st disk would not even start up for install!

Rich
K4GPS