[Xastir] Tonite's CVS update

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 29 00:13:57 EDT 2003

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003, Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:

> Nothing like grabbing a current code snapshot and having it fail
> in the middle of showing things off...   Not a big deal as it was
> easy to fix.   Isn't the separation of the developers CVS and the
> end users CVS suppose to prevent things like this from happening?

No.  It's supposed to allow the anon CVS to limp along on hold
hardware until they upgrade it so that it can keep up with the
developer's CVS again.  Latest CVS will always be bleeding edge.
Unfortunately that's all the Cygwin users have to go with, with the
current instructions anyway.

> This is twice in about a week.  :-(   It's good to see lots of things
> changing (progress!) but any project needs a process that protects
> folks downstream from simple build errors.

We can't protect everybody all the time, but we've done pretty well.
Sometimes an error will show up on some types of systems but not on
others.  That seems to be the case here.  Once I noticed the problem
on my system it was an easy fix.  If the anon CVS wasn't lagging
behind the developer's CVS, the users would have had the fix much
quicker.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer