[Xastir] new-being :) - a bit lost...

Michel Pikkaart michel at pikkaart.net
Mon Sep 29 04:01:17 EDT 2003

Hello OM,

Thanks for reading my question.

I'm a bit lost. I running Debian Linux and installed with dselect
Xastir. Just want to try. In early beginnings (the first 4 hours) it
worked very nice and liked it more.
But now it is not working any more. I only connect via the internet to
and aprs server. I tried serveral but from all I got the same problem.
With UI-View I do not have the problem.

I started xastir with  -v 9 so I can see debugging things with ax25
packets. In xastir it self I could see packets comming with the view
option. So the programm receives the packets but I don't see the
stations on my screen accept the one I'm connecting to via Internet and
myself.

I checked the debug data and it seems that the packets I received have a
invalid path ?!??!? (see log at the end of this E-mail)

Please help me out, I think I do something terrible stuppid.

vy 73 michel -pe1pts-

decode_ax25_line: start
decode c:aprsdMECH p:JAVA m::javaTITLE:Live data from the Mechelen Linux
APRS Server (aprsd 2.2.5-14) f:I
decode Past check
ok_igate_net can be read
done = 1
ok_igate_net can be read
decode_info_field: done with big switch
decode_info_field: ok_igate_net start
decode_info_field: done
decode_ax25_line: exiting
decode_ax25_line: start
decode_ax25_line: invalid path: JAVA,qAZ,aprsdMECH
decode_ax25_line: exiting
decode_ax25_line: start
decode_ax25_line: invalid path: APD225,TCPIP*,qAZ,aprsdMECH
decode_ax25_line: exiting
decode_ax25_line: start
decode_ax25_line: invalid path: ID,qAS,pe1oez-12
decode_ax25_line: exiting
decode_ax25_line: start
decode_ax25_line: invalid path:
U2QQU9,G1YFF,MB7UH,G3OJZ-6,ON6AA,ON0PWG,ON0APR-10*,qAR,ON4AVM-11
decode_ax25_line: exiting
decode_ax25_line: start
decode_ax25_line: invalid path: US1YT7-5,WIDE,qAS,pe1oez-12
decode_ax25_line: exiting
decode_ax25_line: start