[Xastir] new-being :) - a bit lost...

Curt Mills, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Sep 29 06:36:39 EDT 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Michel Pikkaart wrote:

> But now it is not working any more. I only connect via the internet to
> and aprs server. I tried serveral but from all I got the same problem.
> With UI-View I do not have the problem.

Check that you're running the latest version.  When the "Q??" stuff
got added to the servers it broke Xastir's decoding.  Later versions
of Xastir are fine with it.

Check that you have not enabled
File->Configure->Defaults->Activate Alternate Net.  If you have,
you'll only see yourself on the map and whoever else is sending to
the callsign listed in the box.

> I started xastir with  -v 9 so I can see debugging things with ax25
> packets. In xastir it self I could see packets comming with the view
> option. So the programm receives the packets but I don't see the
> stations on my screen accept the one I'm connecting to via Internet and
> myself.

Lot's more debugging at level 2047.  It looks to me like you're
running too old of an Xastir version though.

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer