[Xastir] new-being :) - a bit lost...

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Mon Sep 29 15:05:46 EDT 2003

Which version did you install?  The version in woody and sarge is
Xastir 1.0.0, which is quite old (often a problem with Debian).  The
latest version is 1.2.1, although there is a copy of version 1.2.0 in
Debian unstable (sid), which should work much better than 1.0.0.

I have been using Xastir (updated frequently from CVS) on my Debian
Linux (testing plus some unstable) system for several years with only
occasional (rare) problems.

If you don't want to use CVS, I would still advise grabbing the latest
CVS snapshot and compiling it yourself (installing in /usr/local
won't interfere with any of your Debian package files).

73,
Bob N7XY

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 10:01:17AM +0200, Michel Pikkaart wrote:
> Hello OM,
>
> Thanks for reading my question.
>
> I'm a bit lost. I running Debian Linux and installed with dselect
> Xastir. Just want to try. In early beginnings (the first 4 hours) it
> worked very nice and liked it more.
> But now it is not working any more. I only connect via the internet to
> and aprs server. I tried serveral but from all I got the same problem.
> With UI-View I do not have the problem.
>
> I started xastir with  -v 9 so I can see debugging things with ax25
> packets. In xastir it self I could see packets comming with the view
> option. So the programm receives the packets but I don't see the
> stations on my screen accept the one I'm connecting to via Internet and
> myself.
>
> I checked the debug data and it seems that the packets I received have a
> invalid path ?!??!? (see log at the end of this E-mail)
>
> Please help me out, I think I do something terrible stuppid.
>
> vy 73 michel -pe1pts-
>
> decode_ax25_line: start
> decode c:aprsdMECH p:JAVA m::javaTITLE:Live data from the Mechelen Linux
> APRS Server (aprsd 2.2.5-14) f:I
> decode Past check
> ok_igate_net can be read
> done = 1
> ok_igate_net can be read
> decode_info_field: done with big switch
> decode_info_field: ok_igate_net start
> decode_info_field: done
> decode_ax25_line: exiting
> decode_ax25_line: start
> decode_ax25_line: invalid path: JAVA,qAZ,aprsdMECH
> decode_ax25_line: exiting
> decode_ax25_line: start
> decode_ax25_line: invalid path: APD225,TCPIP*,qAZ,aprsdMECH
> decode_ax25_line: exiting
> decode_ax25_line: start
> decode_ax25_line: invalid path: ID,qAS,pe1oez-12
> decode_ax25_line: exiting
> decode_ax25_line: start
> decode_ax25_line: invalid path:
> U2QQU9,G1YFF,MB7UH,G3OJZ-6,ON6AA,ON0PWG,ON0APR-10*,qAR,ON4AVM-11
> decode_ax25_line: exiting
> decode_ax25_line: start
> decode_ax25_line: invalid path: US1YT7-5,WIDE,qAS,pe1oez-12
> decode_ax25_line: exiting
> decode_ax25_line: start

Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net