[Xastir] WX data not getting to internet

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Apr 1 01:46:50 EST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Curt Mills wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Guy Story, KC5GOI wrote:
>
> > I triple checked before replying.  I do not have compressed posits enabled.
> > Good thought though.
>
> Can you try opening another port from Xastir direct to
> first/second/third/or fourth servers to see if you get to findu that
> way?  Hopefully that machine has an internet connection?
>
> That will help eliminate the aprsd instance or the particular ports
> as the problem.
>
> Connect to something like fourth.aprs.net:10152 and make sure you
> have that interface set to transmit, have global transmit enabled,
> have a passcode entered for that interface, and have your symbol set
> to one of the weather symbols.

This is what I saw on findu.com, hopefully the callsign/SSID you're
talking about?

KC5GOI>APX131,TCPIP*,qAC,KC5GOI:=3315.33N/09707.25W_PHG2060XASTIR-Linux ver 1.3.1

That one looks like a fine posit, and it uses the blue weather
symbol as it should, but there's no weather in it.  Which button do
you have selected in the top section of Configure->Defaults?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer