[Xastir] dbfawk error

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Apr 7 10:48:07 EDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 tbaggett at jump.net wrote:

> When I did this last night, I discovered that there were already
> about a half dozen dbfawk files in this directory.
>
> How do I know which dbfawk files are being used?

Alan?  Tom?

> Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I couldn't find any
> reference about how Xastir figures out which dbfawk file to use
> for which maps on Tom's dbfawk HOW-TO, the Xastir FAQ/manual, or
> in the archives several months.

Sounds like we need some more documentation.  I'm starting to think
that a README.dbfawk might be a good idea...

If the weather alerts are functioning properly now, I'd also vote
for making --with-dbfawk the default, and adding a --without-dbfawk
configure option.

If Tom wouldn't mind, I think his tgr2shp.dbfawk file might be a
good one to add to the standard distribution as well.  It's a good
start for people, then they can fine-tune it for how they want their
maps to look.

Some people wanted the maps to look identical to the Tigermap server
maps.  I was initially against that, but I can see advantages in
having them look the same now, so perhaps we should strive to tune
that tgr2shp.dbfawk file along those lines?