[Xastir] shapproj error

Guy Story, KC5GOI kc5goi at kc5goi.net
Fri Apr 9 16:00:29 EDT 2004

I am trying to make the shpproj utilty so I can hopefully get the shape file
for Denton County to display.  When I try to run make from the contrib
directory I get the following:

[root at kc5goi-gw contrib]# pwd
/sdf3/hdc6/shapelib-1.2.10/contrib
[root at kc5goi-gw contrib]# make
cc -g -I.. -DPROJ4 -D_LITTLE_ENDIAN -DDEBUG -DDEBUG2  -c shpgeo.c
In file included from shpgeo.c:64:
shpgeo.h:70:22: proj_api.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [shpgeo.o] Error 1
[root at kc5goi-gw contrib]#

This is a RH 7.3 system.  Xastir 1.3.1 runs like a charm and I can use the
tigermaps when connected online.  My goal is to download certain counties to
the hard drive like I did with WinAPRS.  I downloaded and copied
tgr48121cty00.shp to my maps directory, but the map list will not display it
even afer reindexing or restarting Xastir.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Guy