[Xastir] Draw Mode

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 9 15:20:09 EDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004, Josh Keller wrote:

> > You can also use the Team name as the callsign, then put the real
> > callsign into the comment field in your tracker to make it work for
> > real.
>
> So I can set callsign in my TH7AG to whatever team name I want, then the
> status to my callsign and have it transmit every time and I'm covered as far
> as needing to send my callsign with messages? Do I need to set status to 1/1
> or is it still OK to set it to TX every 6 messages or so?

Every 10 minutes in the U.S., every 30 minutes in Canada.  Not sure
about anywhere else.

Realize that local use may dictate that you not do what I described.
Around here (Pacific Northwest) it's an accepted practice, although
some people still complain at times.  It's not recommended here for
daily use, but for events, SAR missions, etc, it works great.