[Xastir] Cygwin

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Wed Apr 14 15:44:23 EDT 2004

At 10:19 14-4-2004 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>I don't understand that.  You need to keep those selected?  I went
>to a Win2k box that had a previous installation on it, deselected
>those packages, selected the xorg packages, and it worked.
>
>Perhaps they're trying to make it easy to do the migration and I did
>more than was necessary?

If you don't select the XFree86 "upgrade" and add the Xorg-X11 packages
next to it there is no problem. If however you later decide to uninstall
the XFree86 packages then it will take the files installed by Xorg-X11 down
with it (since both packages install a lot of files with the same name at
the same path). To prevent that they install an "upgrade" with no files at
all to make it save to remove the package without causing damage at a later
time. Alternatively you can also uninstall the XFree86 packages directly at
the same time you install the Xorg-X11 packages.

I'm no expert, but that is what I could make of this practice. Your
description is okay, you want to describe a clean install, not an upgrade.

Kind regards,

Henk.