[Xastir] RFD: Centering facility?

Kurt A. Freiberger kurt at badgers-hill.net
Mon Apr 19 13:20:30 EDT 2004

This last weekend, I had a need to recenter the display fairly often.  So I guesstimated the center, and proceeded accordingly.  Would it be of some value to have a button that displays the center with an icon, then the user could drag it to the desired location of the new center?

As a possible corollary:  Say one has an icons at each endpoint of a path.  It would be handy to be able to specify the two icons, and zoom the display so as to include the two at opposite edges of the display.  Or is there a way to do that already?  I thought there was a way to define a subset of the display and have that subset zoomed in, but couldn't ferret out the method.

BTW, refreshing tigermaps over a cellular modem really sucks.

73/Kurt

Kurt A. Freiberger     Austin, TX	kurt at badgers-hill.net
Amateur Radio Callsign WB5BBW  		AIM Handle: WB5BBW
"Some people are like Slinkys - Generally considered useless, but
 you can't help smiling when you see them falling down the stairs."