[Xastir] DRGs in Mac OS X xastir 1.3.1

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Apr 20 14:43:35 EDT 2004

On Apr 20, 2004, at 1:11 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> I used to have one example on one of my sites.  Try this:
>
>     http://wetnet.net/~we7u/xastir/maps/geotiff

These maps work fine, so I guess I've got some non-standard DRGs.

> It does...  At least if you use the "Snapshot" function, it'll
> create a snapshot.geo to go with your snapshot now.

That's what I was looking for.  I should have known at least one answer
would be in the documentation.  (:

I guess I'll have to keep looking for maps.  Since many of the rural
roads have signs now (thanks to E911 getting out to rural areas) the
Tiger maps are useful, but the balloon nearly always comes down in a
place where terrain features are more important reference points than
road signs.

xastir is great software, I just need to find good maps to feed it.

Thanks for the help and the fast response!

-Jason
kg4wsv
Jason Winningham
Computer Systems Engineer