[Xastir] DRGs in Mac OS X xastir 1.3.1

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 20 15:29:06 EDT 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> I guess I'll have to keep looking for maps.  Since many of the rural
> roads have signs now (thanks to E911 getting out to rural areas) the
> Tiger maps are useful, but the balloon nearly always comes down in a
> place where terrain features are more important reference points than
> road signs.
>
> xastir is great software, I just need to find good maps to feed it.

Consider SDTS-format contours, overlaid on top of the tiger maps.
You'll need GDAL/OGR compiled in to do that, but then you'll have
some of the features of the topo's on top of your street maps.

See the "Search and Rescue Features" link off the Xastir home page.
I have an image of that there.  Actually it's terraserver satellite
images with SDTS contours overlaid.