[Xastir] RFD: Map Centering

Hurt, Jay hurt at adcom911.org
Wed Apr 21 01:58:26 EDT 2004

Couple things...

First off, I've not been able to fix my KDE/Xastir problems, but I guess I need to actually work on it to resolve it... Thanks everyone for the helpful hints!   Anyway, I'm currently running under Cygwin and everything works great, hence at this particular moment I'm not driven hard to fix the problem :)

Next:
I posted this on SF as a feature request also, but I'd like to see maybe something like a button (similar to the "Track Me" button) that when selected allows me to click and drag the map to whatever position I would like it. (Would that be called panning the map?) When unchecked, left clicking would act as normal. This would allow me to set my range (via zoom) and then easily center the map wherever I want.

Thanks all for the awesome program and some topics that make my brain turn to mush! I'm having a fantastic time learning about map datums and such! :)

Jay

> (anyone/everyone) Please describe what sort of centering
> functionality you'd like (in detail), we should be able to add it at
> some point.
>
> Perhaps people could add that info to the feature request which
> talks about a map center crosshair?  Seems a good place to collect
> the info so it won't get lost.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U			    archer at eskimo dot com

---
Jay Hurt
Adams County 911
Lead Dispatcher
N0XVB
DM79ox

"If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them."
-Phil Pastoret