[Xastir] Cygwin again

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Fri Apr 23 17:26:35 EDT 2004

There seems to be a problem in the Help system of Xastir for Cygwin,
clicking "View" on a help topic does bring up a screen only for a
split-second. There is no way anybody can read it...

Some additions to the Xastir/Cygwin installation:

1) On Windows ME I had to configure the shortcut to start Xwindows, it ran
out of environment memory. Selecting an "Inital Environment" of 4096 bytes
in tab "Memory" (I hope that is correct, I have a Dutch language
version...) fix it.

2) My keyboard layout was a mess in the xterm, I had to add "setxkbmap us"
to c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\startxwin.bat (just below "run XWin....").

3) I had to run ./configure on "lcms" twice. The first time ./configure
stopped half way, the second time it runs to the end. First I thought it
was a glitch, but today it happend again with a brand new installation.

Kind regards,

Henk.