[Xastir] Two suggestions

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Apr 27 13:46:46 EDT 2004

On Apr 27, 2004, at 12:24 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> You can also compile in dbfawk support, create a dbfawk file for
> those types of maps, then really customize how they are displayed.

Let me say this is really worth the minimal effort.  I reconfigured
with dbfawk and downloaded tgr2shp.dbfawk, and the Tiger data that I
downloaded from the ESRI web site suddenly produced really nice maps.
Street level detail goes away on zoomed-out views, then streets appear
as you zoom in, then the actual street names appear as you get even
closer.

Some day I may even learn to write a dbfawk file...

If I can get the topographical data from USGS working this well, I'll
be so happy I'll probably just explode. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv