Fwd: [Xastir] Two suggestions

Luc Dore VA2KSH va2ksh at airpost.net
Tue Apr 27 15:34:49 EDT 2004

Hi Curt,

Right now, I don't have dbfawk in the build.  However I'll add it and
recompile but only after taxes are done (April 30th in Canada) ):

As you requested I've added a link to geobase on the findwe.com site.

However, the task of creating a new awk filter for those maps (which is
unchartered waters for the xastir crowd I believe) seems a little
daunting considering the amount of stuff available from geobase.ca....
<insert sigh here>   Just the dbf from Quebec's roadways is 528656545
bytes (528 Megs) once uncompressed, and Ontario's is 735743376 (735
Megs) uncompressed.

Would anyone on the list be willing to lend a hand ?

Luc D. -- VA2KSH
PGPid: 0x6A0DF068