[Xastir] RE: Filter Parameter for Internet Server/METARS/FIRENET

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Fri Apr 30 13:49:25 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Robson, ve7did" <ve7did at dccnet.com>
To: "Spider" <spider at rivcom.net>; "xastir" <xastir at xastir.org>
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2004 10:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Xastir] RE: Filter Parameter for Internet
Server/METARS/FIRENET

> Pretty impressive.  FireNet managed to almost completely clog up my screen
> with some 16,000 icons in a half hour or so when viewing the world.
Xastir
> manages all these with no problem.  It seems that APRS has caught on!!!
>
> ...73 Tom

Hi Tom!

A lot of effort by the FireNet Team has been put into clogging up screens!
;-O  This is done as a public service
and many of the team are likely lurking here.
Experiments are also part of FireNet.  It's safe to say it's probably the
most intense use of APRS there is.
Anyway, enjoy!

Jim
WA6OFt