[Xastir] serial ports and tcpip

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Aug 2 04:06:28 EDT 2004

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, ke4lkq wrote:

> Xastir has an interface option of networked weather via TCPIP. Is this a
> correct statement?  Or is it only good for some types of TCPIP?

It's for talking to OWW, One Wire Weather daemon.

> Reason for question is:
>
> I cannot get the network wx interface to accept data from any port I call from
> "netcat".
>
> I have a SUSE box with 10 serial ports and I want it to serve other boxes
> running programs that need serial data.  I was following a previous thread on
> this subject on the APRS sig a little while back and did not see it resolved.

Can you get it to simulate a serial port on the Xastir end as well?
Perhaps run a netcat at each end or something?  If so then you can
connect Xastir to that and it'll think it's a locally connected
serial port.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer