[Xastir] compiling on SuSE 9.1

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Tue Aug 3 00:47:05 EDT 2004

I've just updated my laptop to SuSE 9.1, and am installing and compiling
xastir 1.3.2.

With the default install, ./configure complained of no motif libraries, so
I went back and installed:

openmotif-devel-2.2.2-515
ImageMagick-devel-5.5.7-220
pcre-devel-4.4-109
libtiff-3.6.1-38.3
festival-1.4.3-32
wget-1.9.1-45

A search of the CD in yast didn't find any trace of Shapelib, pthreads, or
GPSman

./configure still didn't find sufficient ImageMagick support:
checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no

...but pthreads support is apparently in the base install.

Back to yast, installing
perl-perlMagick-5.5.7
gv-3.5.8

another try at ./configure.  Still no ImageMagick support  (which I was
able to get with SuSE-supplied libraries on SuSE 8.1)

Oh, well, moving on to compile, with only AX25,festival, and pcre support.

Oops! In what looks like the final link of all the modules into the xastir
executable, gcc complained with 'cannot find -llcms'

Has anyone else been down this path before?  Any clues as to where I look
next?

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin