[Xastir] compiling on SuSE 9.1

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Aug 4 17:09:36 EDT 2004

Well, 1.3.3 crashed again.

This time, since I was having trouble starting it up, I had started it
from an xterm rather than using the alt-f2 application launcher.  So when
it crashed, I was left with the following messages in my xterm:

festival_client: connect to server failed
Caught Segfault! Xastir will terminate
Last incoming line was: Port0:N8BJX>APX132,TCPIP*,qAC,N8BJX:=4227.2
N\08402.8 WhXASTIR-Linux
17:01:49

Interesting!  It was the position packet from my own desktop machine which
crashed the laptop.  I have 'proximity events' enabled in the speech
config, yet I've never heard a peep from this machine.

Looks like I've got some study to do.  Apparently I need to do more than
install the festival rpm.  Somewhere there's a 'festival server' that it
seems I need to configure and start!

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin