[Xastir] compiling on SuSE 9.1

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed Aug 4 16:57:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Rick Green wrote:
>
> >   It's not ignoring packets, however.  When a new WX icon appears on the
> > map with a tactical callsign, the callsign message is blank, but the
> > station count in the third box does get incremented, and the station does
> > get displayed on the map.
>
> When you say "tactical callsign", do you mean a non-amateur callsign
> or one that you've specifically assigned a tactical callsign to
> yourself?
 No, I haven't assigned any tactical callsigns.  I was referring to calls
other than the typical ham pattern, such as CW1781, BC_TRAFF, etc.

Well, as I type this, I have 1.3.3 up and running again after installing
shapelib and libproj.  I'm still seeing the lower left corner box
frequently empty, but as I was looking at the display for some examples, I
saw a CW1781 packet announced in the corner message box
  The good news is that it hasn't crashed yet, though it's only been
running about 10 minutes.  I did discover that the last time I compiled
it, I had done it as root.  WHen I went to compile it again this time, I
had to troll thru the entire directory structure resetting ownership
before the compile would complete.  I wonder if I had stepped on something
by compiling as root...

--
Rick Green

                                  -Benjamin Franklin