[Xastir] new user hello

Chris frisco at ar15.com
Mon Aug 9 10:21:05 EDT 2004

Just wanted to say hello to the list.

I'm playing with APRS now and have Xastir 1.3.3 up and running on a Thinkpad T21 laptop running Slackware 10.0.  So far, so good with an uptime of 8 days on xastir.

My goal is to setup the laptop in my vehicle, with dedicated APRS rig and tnc...maybe even a wireless card for those times I'm near an open AP.

I have noticed that shapefile maps tend to load slower than internet maps (tiger).  Is this a function of my machine, the software or the fact I have a large library of maps (entire state of TX)?

Regards,
Chris
W5MCK

Sent via the WebMail system at ar15.com