[Xastir] New Xastir port

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 12 17:10:54 EDT 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004, Rick Green wrote:

> > Unless the window manager or associated applications also have a
> > listening socket at port 2023.
>
> Funny, I'm running xastir under KDE (SuSE 9.1) and I'm able to connect to
> port 2023 from xastir running on my laptop.
>   I haven't tried passing any data upstream, but it seems to pass data
> downstream just fine.

Other KDE setups might start different applications than yours
though.  Could be KMail or any of a couple of hundred different
things causing it.  It should be easy to see if there's a TCP
listening socket at that address:

    netstat -t -l -n

That will show all listening sockets on your machine in numeric
format.  Look for port number 2023.