[Xastir] Excessive system resoures

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Aug 10 17:50:03 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, KK6RW wrote:

> Running Xastir 1.3.3 on Windows box with Cygwin. I am seeing extreme system
> resource use when starting and running Xastir after Cygwin has started. I
> did a cvs update about 1 week ago. CPU usage is at ~95 % with Xastir
> running, drops to ~25% once I close Xastir. Additionally, I have the same
> excessive CPU usage when doing the CVS update using the Bash shell.
>
> Running a 2.4 GHz P4, 768MB ram. Using AGWPE but disabling has no effect. I
> cannot say when this problem initially appeared although I have noticed this
> excessive CPU cycle has starting within the last day or so.

When you disable AGWPE and still see the high CPU usage, are you
running with any other interfaces turned on?  Internet interfaces?

Are you zoomed into western WA or out to U.S. or World level?

What OS is on there?

Do you have index new maps on startup turned on?  Is Xastir indexing
maps each time you start up and spending a bunch of CPU there?