[Xastir] Excessive system resoures

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.us
Wed Aug 11 03:51:01 EDT 2004

Curt,

See below,

> When you disable AGWPE and still see the high CPU usage, are you
> running with any other interfaces turned on?  Internet interfaces?

I did have an internet server interface turned on but have now turned it off
on startup, no change.

> Are you zoomed into western WA or out to U.S. or World level?

If the online Tiger map was showing, it would be zoomed to W. Washington
area. When trying to open Online Tiger map, error is sent to bash shell::
"xastir: unable to open image  `' : no such file or directory."

> What OS is on there?

XP Pro OS. I've run Xastir for a long while on this machine before the
problems started.

> Do you have index new maps on startup turned on?  Is Xastir indexing
> maps each time you start up and spending a bunch of CPU there?

I did have index new maps on startup turned on, turned off and same results.
High CPU usage starts immediately after I enter xastir & <enter>.

System processes show very high but Xwin.exe, bash.exe and xastir.exe shows
~8%. System process percentage drops immediately once Xastir is stopped.

It seems your server, archer at eskimo.com, does not like my email address
Curt. Spamcop refuses mail from my server IP. Based on the past few days
returned emails, it seems someone has hijacked my email address/mail server.
I'm addressing the problem now.

Randy, KK6RW