[Xastir] same callsign, different SSID has same color track

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Mon Aug 16 20:25:20 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 07:09:34PM -0500, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <kb0kqa at arrl.net> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':
> Hello -
>
> Before I submitted a suggestion, I was wondering if there is there a reason
> that tracks using the same callsign but different ssid's always have the
> same color track?  For example, K0AA-1 and K0AA-2 would both have the same
> color track.

It can be turned off by changing a #define in db.c:

#define MY_TRAIL_DIFF_COLOR    1    /* If 0, all my calls (SSIDs) will use one s
pecial color (0/1) */

The default (which I also don't like), is 0, resulting in the behavior
you describe.

There is a feature request on the sourceforge issue tracker in to make this
run-time configurable instead of compile-time.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey