[Xastir] Opinions on this document?

Henk de Groot henk.de.groot at hetnet.nl
Thu Aug 19 15:32:59 EDT 2004

Hello Curt,

At 17:56 17-8-2004 -0700, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>I sent this to the Xastir-dev list, but have received exactly zero
>comments so far.  Now forwarding it to the "Xastir" list, which has
>a few more subscribers.

Looks great to me, do you also plan a similar document for Cygwin users,
this one seems to be targetet at Unix/Linux users?

What you really need is an ignorant newbie that attempts to install Xastir
using only your description and who starts asking you all the nasty
questions that are trivial for existing users (and therefore not described)
but stups the newbie...

Maybe browsing through the forums will give clues about what trivial
hurdles beginners encounter, although I guess you don't want to write a
Unix reference manual (like what is a .tgz file, how do I unpack it :-) ?).

Nice to have something like this!

Kind regards,

Henk.