[Xastir] Opinions on this document?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 19 17:14:34 EDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Henk de Groot wrote:

> Looks great to me, do you also plan a similar document for Cygwin users,
> this one seems to be targetet at Unix/Linux users?

Targeted at them because that's what I am these days.

I wasn't planning one for Cygwin users, but that's a good idea.
I'll volunteer to check it into CVS, but I don't think I can stomach
any more Windows time in order to write it up.  I have a hard time
finding a Windows box to test things on these days anyway.

So, the next series of questions are, should we:
1) Expand the README.Getting-Started document to handle Cygwin as
   well?
2) Expand the README.win32 document instead?
3) Create a README.Getting-Started.win32 document?

> What you really need is an ignorant newbie that attempts to install Xastir
> using only your description and who starts asking you all the nasty
> questions that are trivial for existing users (and therefore not described)
> but stups the newbie...

I figured we could add them as we come across them.  Better to start
somewhere than to never start because we don't have it all written
down yet.

README.Getting-Started is now part of the sources.  Checked in
today.