[Xastir] object xmit timing?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 20 15:19:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> I'm not sure if there's an Xastir bug or a confused operator, but I'm
> seeing some strange behavior when transmitting objects.
>
> Xastir 1.3.3 (from a tarball a week or three ago) on OS X, Kenwood THD7
>
> I have created an object named H_Hamfest.  Object/Item TX Interval is
> 20min, but I'm seeing what looks like exponential decay timing: xmit
> object, 30 seconds, xmit object, 1 minute, xmit object, 2 minutes, xmit
> object, etc  It does eventually settle down with a 20 minute interval,
> but restarts the decay if I modify the object.

That's the proper thing to do.  Any new or modified object needs to
get out there so that people see it.  It'll eventually decay to the
timing of your timing slider, and will stay at that timing.

If you start up Xastir again with live objects in your object.log
file, you'll get the same exponential decay again for those objects.