[Xastir] object xmit timing?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Aug 20 15:21:38 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Jason Winningham wrote:

> I have created an object named H_Hamfest.  Object/Item TX Interval is
> 20min, but I'm seeing what looks like exponential decay timing: xmit
> object, 30 seconds, xmit object, 1 minute, xmit object, 2 minutes, xmit
> object, etc  It does eventually settle down with a 20 minute interval,
> but restarts the decay if I modify the object.

The label for that timing slider now has "Max" added to the label,
so it says: "Object/Item Max TX Interval (min)".

Also, messages do a similar exponential decay (but using a different
algorithm for the timing), so you'll see messages start out with a
very fast rate and decay over time if they're not ack'ed.

Posits don't do the exponential timing decay yet.