[Xastir] Tigermap problems at the server?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Aug 21 02:12:35 EDT 2004

On 20 Aug 2004, Ed Lawson wrote:

> Tigermaps are working, but very slow, and erratic.... about 2/3's of the
> time when mine goes out to get them it fails and times out even with
> timeout set to 120.

Try reducing the size of your map screen, as that will drastically
reduce the size of the downloaded image and speed things up,
hopefully coming in under the 120 seconds more often.

Reducing each dimension by 1/2 reduces the size of the image by four
times.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer