[Xastir] xastir on a laptop mobile?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Aug 26 11:31:23 EDT 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004, Chris wrote:

> First setup:
> Xastir on Slackware 10.0 using KDE (IBM Thinkpad T-21)
> KPC-3+ (using software 3rd port for GPS data)
> FT-1500
> Magellan Merdian Gold
>
> Ok...got everything setup in my truck, now Xastir works fine, but
> the problem is it is not updating my position.
>
> I know since the computer will never see GPS data, it has to
> update my position from the echo of the digipeater, but it
> transmits my QTH location. (I have only one station/ssid setup in
> Xastir...W5MCK-14)

So the GPS is pluged into the KPC-3+.  What sort of Xastir interface
are you using to talk to the KPC-3+?  The correct type in this case
is the TNC AUX interface.  There's a File->Configure->Timing slider
that will select how often you poll the TNC for a GPS sentence.

Also, what tnc startup file are you using?  You should use the one
specific to the KPC3:  "tnc-startup.kpc3".