[Xastir] Re: xastir on a laptop mobile?

Chris frisco at ar15.com
Thu Aug 26 17:54:56 EDT 2004

Right here...

http://www.kc5goi.net/aprs/kpc3+_setup.htm

"Pin 2 on the TNC is the Data IN line, Pin 6 is GROUND for all signals. This is darned convenient, because Pin 2 on a standard 9-pin serial connector is where the external device is trying to stuff its data... although the signal ground is on Pin 5. This is called "DTE wiring", in that the in/out pins of this connector are arranged the way they are on data terminal equipment, rather than "modem wiring", like is found on the TNC's main serial port."

Chris

Sent via the WebMail system at ar15.com