[Xastir] Xastir with festival on cygwin!

Matt Werner kb0kqa at arrl.net
Sun Aug 29 17:48:41 EDT 2004

>Now, if only windows wasn't such a pig with cygwin -- the friend I've been
>evangelizing to can't build xastir on his 400MHz machine with 128MB ram,
it
>gets hung up in linking (he said he waited twelve hours and it got
nowhere!).

It doesn't get hung-up.  I've seen this on two windows machines.  I have a
similar laptop that takes a long time to build xastir (I just let it go and
a few days later when I think of it I turn the screen back on to see that
it's done).  If you let it run long enough it will finish.  12 hours may
not be long enough.

>Guess I have to switch to evangelizing a real OS first...

Now that's a whole different topic.  :)  Although it is nice to be able to
run linux-type applications on a windows machine when windows is your only
choice (thankfully it's not my only choice).

73 - Matt