[Xastir] Trying to reinstall Xastir

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Mon Aug 30 20:37:31 EDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 05:23:11PM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <kk6rw at whitsweb.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':

> [...]
[...]
> Is it possible the configure is not finding the new files where it expects
> to find them? Looking at the directory though, it does seem they are in
> the correct location.
>
>  Have you heard of successful installs using the new Xorg files?

I built it twice this weekend, using a cygwin install that had just updated
to Xorg on Saturday.  No problems at all on my machine, I opened cygwin
setup, clicked next a bunch of times, it removed XFree86 and installed Xorg,
and then xastir built perfectly.

What options are you giving configure?  What are the relevant error messages
from config.log when it fails to detect the headers?

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
(1) Ignorance of your profession is best concealed by solemnity and silence,
which pass for profound knowledge upon the generality of mankind.
                -------"Advice to Officers of the British Army", 1783