[Xastir] Trying to reinstall Xastir

Tom Russo russo at bogoflux.losalamos.nm.us
Tue Aug 31 08:33:10 EDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 01:18:34AM -0700, a Mr. Richard Feyler of Fort Lee, New Jersey <kk6rw at whitsweb.com> writes 'Dear Rosanne Rosannadanna':

> I have posted my config.log so that you may look at all the errors that are
> generated during the configure process. It is available at
> http://kk6rw.com/config.log .
>
> There are other errors generated during the configure process but the
> X-Windows error is "configure: error: *** No X11!  Install X-Windows
> development headers/libraries! ***"

It's complaining that it can't find libXt.  For whatever reason it isn't
looking in /usr/X11R6 or wherever the files are.

try adding "-x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib -x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include" to
your configure line and see if that helps (replace /usr/X11R6/ with whatever
path actually contains X headers and libraries, especially "X11/Intrinsic.h"
and "libXt.a"

HTH,
T.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
(1) Ignorance of your profession is best concealed by solemnity and silence,
which pass for profound knowledge upon the generality of mankind.
                -------"Advice to Officers of the British Army", 1783