[Xastir] Re: Trying to reinstall Xastir

KK6RW kk6rw at kk6rw.com
Mon Aug 30 16:59:10 EDT 2004

Curt wrote:

I suspect the Xwindows system used by Cygwin may have changed since
the last time you did an install.  They're using Xorg X11 now
instead of XFree86 X11.

See the latest README.win32 file for the list of Cygwin packages you
should install.  Perhaps you're working off an old list?  A link to
the latest README.win32 file is on the Xastir home page.

--
Curt, WE7U          http://www.eskimo.com/~archer

Hello Curt,

Thanks for the response. I saw the new Xorg X11 during the initial download
configuration and downloaded the Xorg X11 files as per the latest
README.win32 direstions. I have since reinstalled the Xorg X11 files
specified but I am still receiving the same error message: "configure:
error: *** No X11!  Install X-Windows development headers/libraries! ***".

Is it possible the configure is not finding the new files where it expects
to find them? Looking at the directory though, it does seem they are in the
correct location.

Have you heard of successful installs using the new Xorg files?

Stumped in Gig Harbor :-)

Randy - KK6RW