[Xastir] Map Chooser Properties

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Dec 1 23:17:11 EST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 08:00:12PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, James Ewen wrote:
>
> > In the map chooser | map properties window, I can select the map which I
> > want to modify by highlighting it.
> >
> > However any time click on any of the buttons to set an attribute, the map
> > selection gets cleared.
> >
> > I then have to reselect the map if I wish to set another attribute. With 5
> > attributes per map, it can take a while to get the maps set up. Now multiply
> > that if you wish to set the attributes on multiple maps...
> >
> > Is this an anomaly of Cygwin, or is this the way it is designed?
> >
> > I would suggest that it would be better if the selection were not cleared
> > when the attributes are set.
>
> LA LA LA LA LA.
>
> I think that might be easy to do.  Is this what users want (other
> than you!)???

YES!  I *hate* the map chooser properties dialog as it stands now.

What I'd like (and don't know how to do) is to be able to set all the
properties for selected maps and click once, rather than to have a
set of individual "set this and clear selection" buttons.

This was most painful when trying to set map properties for 33 county-level
TIGER shape files --- 33 individual mouse clicks to select the maps (not
counting scrollbar), set one property, repeat 3 times (min/max zoom, map level).

It would be nice if it were possible to shift-click and select a block of
maps, too, rather than have to select one at a time.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "That which does not kill me is better than that which does."
    --Irving Nietzche, lesser known of the famous Nietzche twins