[Xastir] Map Chooser Properties

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Thu Dec 2 02:07:03 EST 2004

Tom Russo wrote:
> YES!  I *hate* the map chooser properties dialog as it stands now.

Me too. And exactly for the same reasons you stated (I have over 500
raster map pieces). It would also be nice to be able to select several
maps on one click based on the map directory hierarchy in the properties
dialog, the same way you can in the map chooser dialog.

> This was most painful when trying to set map properties for 33 county-level
> TIGER shape files --- 33 individual mouse clicks to select the maps (not
> counting scrollbar), set one property, repeat 3 times (min/max zoom, map level).

You can select maps via the keyboard as well, it is a bit faster if
there are many maps. Select the first map with with the mouse and then
use keyboard up/down arrows to move the selection bar and press spacebar
to select/unselect a map.

> It would be nice if it were possible to shift-click and select a block of
> maps, too, rather than have to select one at a time.

Yeah.

   Tapio