[Xastir] Mac OS X Compiling Question

Jon Ogden na9d-2 at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 3 07:20:26 EST 2004

Jose,

Thanks for the response.

I ended up doing just what you and N1OFZ have said her and used his
instructions.  The Fink package manager works very well.  The only
problem was that it did not install the ImageMagick libraries
correctly.  The ./configure script for Xastir did not recognize it as
installed.  So I had to install and compile the ImageMagick libraries
manually.  That's done and as I speak, Xastir is compiling in the
background.  Hopefully, all will work out.

73 es tu,

Jon
NA9D

On Dec 3, 2004, at 2:23 AM, Jose Perez wrote:

> Hi Jon:
>
> I'm install Xastir under X11 Darwin (Mac OS X 10.3.6) and work fine.
>
> Please, use this step by step guide to install and you can run it in a
> minutes ;-)
>
> http://n1ofz.connares.org/software/Xastir/
>
> 73 de Jose, EB1DIG at ED1ZAC.EAC.ESP.EU
>
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:50:45 -0600, Jon Ogden <na9d-2 at speakeasy.net>
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Given the lack of a native Mac OS X APRS program, I've decided to try
>> my hand at installing Xastir.  I've downloaded the software and done
>> some cursory readings on the install and think I am doing it
>> correctly.
>>
>> When I do a ./configure things work fine until the point where it
>> tries
>> to load the X11 libraries.  It says they are not installed.  Yet, I
>> have the X11 environment installed on my Mac.  I even tried running
>> the
>> compile script from an X11 terminal window.  Same thing.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>

> --
> Saludos de Jose, jpereznet at gmail.com

-------------------------------------
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Webpage: http://www.na9d.net

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
nobody has thought."

                                    - Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi

- Get the best broadband service from Speakeasy:
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/61177