[Xastir] Compile Failure for Mac OSX

Jon Ogden na9d-2 at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 3 15:21:51 EST 2004

Curt,

I have no ld.so.cache file in my /etc directory.

Also, ldconfig is not recognized as a command...............

And Magick-config is not recognized either.............

In my /usr/local/bin I have Magick++-config and Magic-config

In my /usr/local/lib, I have all of the ImageMagick libraries

Trying to run Magic-config inside the /usr/local/bin directory does
nothing.

The install and compile of ImageMagick seemed to go fine.  I followed
the instructions at http://www.imagemagick.org/www/Install-unix.html

Not sure what's going on.

Jon

On Dec 3, 2004, at 12:05 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Jon Ogden wrote:
>
>> ld: Undefined symbols:
>> _InitializeMagick
>> _CloneImageInfo
>
> You probably don't have "-lMagick" listed at the link stage, right?
> It looks like ld is having troubles trying to resolve the links to
> that library.
>
> Did you verify that the library is installed, and that the directory
> it resides in is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf?  If so, did you run
> "ldconfig" as root to update the /etc/ld.so.cache file?
>

>> checking for Magick-config... yes
>> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
>> ./configure: line 13601: test: : integer expression expected
>> ./configure: line 13603: test: : integer expression expected
>> ./configure: line 13605: test: : integer expression expected
>> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
>> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
>> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
>> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
>> checking magick/api.h usability... yes
>> checking magick/api.h presence... yes
>> checking for magick/api.h... yes
>> checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... yes
>
> Can you run "Magick-config" by hand and have it work?  Looks like
> that script is having problems running on your system, which might
> be why you didn't get "-lMagick" put into the Makefile.
>
> Try running these commands:
>
>     Magick-config --cflags
>     Magick-config --ldflags
>     Magick-config --libs
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

-------------------------------------
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Webpage: http://www.na9d.net

"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original
dimensions."

                 - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

- Get the best broadband service from Speakeasy:
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/61177