[Xastir] Compile Failure for Mac OSX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 3 13:05:41 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Jon Ogden wrote:

> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _InitializeMagick
> _CloneImageInfo

You probably don't have "-lMagick" listed at the link stage, right?
It looks like ld is having troubles trying to resolve the links to
that library.

Did you verify that the library is installed, and that the directory
it resides in is listed in /etc/ld.so.conf?  If so, did you run
"ldconfig" as root to update the /etc/ld.so.cache file?

> checking for Magick-config... yes
> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
> ./configure: line 13601: test: : integer expression expected
> ./configure: line 13603: test: : integer expression expected
> ./configure: line 13605: test: : integer expression expected
> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
> ./configure: line 1: Magick-config: command not found
> checking magick/api.h usability... yes
> checking magick/api.h presence... yes
> checking for magick/api.h... yes
> checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... yes

Can you run "Magick-config" by hand and have it work?  Looks like
that script is having problems running on your system, which might
be why you didn't get "-lMagick" put into the Makefile.

Try running these commands:

    Magick-config --cflags
    Magick-config --ldflags
    Magick-config --libs