[Xastir] festival problems

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Dec 3 21:24:52 EST 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 08:19:24AM +1000, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <vk4tec at tech-software.net> flavor, containing:
> Ideas ?
>
> Festival is running
>
> root     21241 21180  0 07:14 pts/4    00:00:00 festival
>
> XASTIR says
>
> festival_client: connect to server failed

Any messages from festival?  Did you start festival as "festival --server"?

It's possible the server is rejecting connections because of host name issues.
If so, it'd say something to that effect.

Try "telnet localhost 1314" and see what happens.  If the server is running
properly it'll let you connect.  If it does, try typing something like
 (SayText "Hello, World")
and see what it does.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "That which does not kill me is better than that which does."
    --Irving Nietzche, lesser known of the famous Nietzche twins