[Xastir] festival problems

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Fri Dec 3 22:24:51 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> It's possible the server is rejecting connections because of host name issues.
> If so, it'd say something to that effect.
>
> Try "telnet localhost 1314" and see what happens.  If the server is running
> properly it'll let you connect.  If it does, try typing something like
>  (SayText "Hello, World")
> and see what it does.

I seem to remember that some people had trouble connecting to the
localhost port to talk to Festival.  I can't recall whether it was a
firewall problem or some config file on Festival, but some people
had that trouble.  I didn't.

Once we figure it out again it should go into the FAQ.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer