[Xastir] MacOS X Update - Compile success

Jon Ogden na9d-2 at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 4 00:44:47 EST 2004

All,

OK, thanks to the help from numerous people here, I've managed to
successfully compile Xastir and run it under Mac OS X!  Wow!  A lot to
do for a simple program.

It runs, but I'm not out of the woods yet.  The software isn't
recognizing any image files so it won't load maps.  I get the following
when I start:

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick library, many formats allowed)
        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
2 File  could not be read
2 File  could not be read
Map Refresh set to 720.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.png'.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.png'.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.jpg'.
xastir: Improper image header `/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.gif'.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.jpg'.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.png'.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.png'.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.jpg'.
xastir: Improper image header `/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.gif'.
xastir: no decode delegate for this image format
`/Users/jon/.xastir/tmp/map.jpg'.

I have libjpeg and the other image format libraries loaded like N1OFZ's
site suggested.

What else did I do wrong?  Will I need to compile all over again?

Thanks,

Jon
-------------------------------------
Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Life Member: ARRL, NRA
Member:  AMSAT, DXCC

Webpage: http://www.na9d.net

"Right is right, even if everyone is against it; and wrong is wrong,
even if everyone is for it."
	                                                             - William
Penn

- Get the best broadband service from Speakeasy:
http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/61177