[Xastir] No response to APRSD?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 12 16:57:49 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 02:55:13PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jradio at hitesman.com> flavor, containing:
> Sounds like we found it.  Apparently Xastir only responds to the queries
> if they come in all caps.  I'm guessing UI-VIEW may be sending them in
> lower case sometimes is why it wasn't responding to them.
>
> Sounds like Dick KB7ZVA here locally (our iGate, UI-view, and APRS-IS
> guy) who alerted me to the issue is working with someone (I'm guessing
> Tom) on figuring it out as well.

Yep.  That was me.

The fix is simple (using strncasecmp instead of strncmp to check for the
query string).  We were already using that for the "version" query, but
not for anything else.  I do want to double check the spec, though, and
make sure that allowing case insensitivity isn't The Wrong Thing.  If
there's nothing there mandating upper case, I'll commit my change.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "That which does not kill me is better than that which does."
    --Irving Nietzche, lesser known of the famous Nietzche twins