[Xastir] No response to APRSD?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Dec 12 18:03:09 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 01:43:39PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jradio at hitesman.com> flavor, containing:
> However, the local UI-View addicts are giving me a lot of grief over my
> system not responding to it and they use it fairly frequently as there's
> a lot of local interest in mapping our network to determine who can hear
> who from where and when.

BTW, what do they have to say about APRS+?  The local APRS crowd is 99.9%
APRS+SA here, and AFAICT that program doesn't answer *any* queries.

BTW, I chose not to commit my fix to this issue, because sending lower case
queries is in fact not compliant with the APRS spec, so xastir shouldn't be
expected to respond to them.  I told KB7ZVA this while we were debugging.
If we change xastir to handle every out-of-spec thing from any other code,
it's asking for trouble.

Tijeras, NM  QRPL#1592 K2#398  SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://www.qsl.net/~km5vy/
 "That which does not kill me is better than that which does."
    --Irving Nietzche, lesser known of the famous Nietzche twins